Meeting Louisa


Undoubtedly, for me, the big moment for 2018 will be the arrival of our first grandchild. Sweet little Louisa arrived on September 27th at 11 minutes after 11:00pm. Our son Joel called shortly after midnight to relay the happy news. I had just closed my book about Eleanor Roosevelt and turned out the light when the phone rang and I stumbled to the other side of the bed hoping to press the right button in the dark with my glasses off. Since the actual due date of the baby was not for another week, I was a bit alarmed to hear Joel's voice. He said that Alicia, his wife, had had the baby and that it was a girl (they opted to remain unaware of the baby's sex)! I was almost too surprised to be excited and it took awhile to sink in. (I think it did for Joel too!) The important thing was that mother and baby were doing well and Joel and Alicia were proud parents.

Joel, Alicia and Louisa Pauline Carr
When I hung up the phone, as you can imagine, I was excited and wanted desperately to share the happy news. As it happened, my sister-in-law, Phyllis and her friend Louis were spending the night as Louis was booked for a surgery early in the morning …. but they were all tucked into bed. "Grampa" Ross was at the camp with "Uncle" Scott (our other son) ….. but they were fast asleep in the land of limited cell service. After getting no text response from "Auntie" Candice (our daughter) I decided that I would have to wait until tomorrow to spread the news. So I toasted the new arrival all by myself …. with a delicious slice of cinnamon toast, then back to bed!

The arrival of a new baby brings lots of joy and of course lots of adjustments especially during the first few weeks and the new little family got used to each other in no time. "Mom" and "Dad" kept us informed by texts, photos, video and Facetime until our visit a couple of weeks later.

Just a few pics from Grama's "Brag Book"!


OOPs! Must have slipped the wrong photo in this group!


After a few weeks we made the trip to Lunenburg to finally meet our little sweetie and what a joy it was! Love at first sight! A few days of rocks and cuddles will have to hold me for a while until I see her again. 😢💘

Comments

Popular Posts