Old Dog - New Tricks!

It's been a while since my last post and I have no excuse. I guess that's the nice thing about having my own blog with no ads and a nonexistent readership …. no obligation to produce!

So, to all my "nonexistent readers" out there, I will fill you in on some of the new tricks I have been learning as I negotiate my way through these golden years of retirement.

Fun with Fibre (and I'm not talking about Metamucil!)


My felted farm animal finger puppets, knitted ones and wash cloths to go with my homemade soap.

After all these years I am now a knitter! Only a beginner, but slowly making progress. My accomplishments consist only of washcloths and figure puppets. However, within those small projects I have learned a variety of stitches and knitting terms and may soon be ready to take on some more complicated tasks. As they say, "one thing leads to another" and the knitted finger puppets have inspired me to dig out my felting needle ….. and on and on it goes. That's why I'm a "Jack of all trades and master of none"!

Just as a side …… you might wonder why I am into finger puppets? After all there are other small projects to practice knitting on. Well, I thought that they would be a bit of fun for my sweet little granddaughter, Louisa. The felted ones are more realistic, but I think that for a six month old baby who loves to put everything in her mouth, the knitted ones, made from dish cloth cotton are better.


Dear little Louisa, always smiling and happy!


Patterns for knitted finger puppets below!

Bunny Finger Puppet from Naturalsuburbia

Barnyard Finger Puppets from Howstuffworks

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts