An Autumnal Snowshoe


My first "Autumnal" snowshoeing expedition took place on the 21st of November! Of course we've had snow in November before, but rarely enough of it to snowshoe on. It was a perfect day, quiet and still with everything coated in white. While there was evidence of a few previous dog walkers, I had the trails to myself (after all it was Wednesday afternoon and most people were at work!) Or, perhaps the snowy conditions caught people by surprise and locating snowshoes, tucked away in basements and garages was a task for another day.


I, on the other hand, had my gear all ready to go! All I had to do was plunk them in the back of the car and head down the road to the trail. What an "outdoor enthusiast" I am! Too bad I did the whole trail with the snowshoes on the wrong feet! Notice that the buckles (actually ratchets) are on the inside, as opposed to the outside where they should be. I thought something felt a bit off, but I seemed to make it through the snow drifts just fine.


At least I have socks that tell me which foot is which!

All in all I enjoyed my autumnal snowshoe. I love that word, "autumnal" …. I've noticed so many foodies referring to autumnal vegies and flavors ….. sorry I've digressed!


I loved the snowy hike. I loved the nice crisp air. But will I still love it March? ...Or worse yet April?

Comments

Popular Posts