Succulents for Christmas



Make your winter season merry and bright by propagating some sweet little succulents. These little babies take up very little space and require almost no maintenance … AND you can create multiple new plants by simply breaking off a leaf and letting it sit on a window ledge! I plan to reproduce a variety of succulents on a sunny windowsill this winter to help me think of the promise of warmer weather to come.

These leaves that I broke off have been sitting on a window sill for about a month and now they are sprouting a whole new plant. Will plant them in a pot soon.

A Succulent for All Seasons

I planted these using cactus/succulent soil. There are no drainage holes but since they are seasonal they should be fine. In a few weeks or a month I will replant them in a pot with good drainage.


I created these miniature Christmas bowls but there are tons of possibilities for wreaths and arrangements etc.  Put a few pretty succulents in a bowl and add a seasonal ornament or two and you have a lovely table arrangement or a nice little hostess gift. Checkout the tutorial below from Garden Answer.

Planting a Succulent Arrangement - Garden Answer

This fall I also had some fun using the succulents I brought in from outdoors in arrangements on pumpkins ( two posts ago!). These hardy little plants could be glued to a piece of driftwood, birch log or even on a rock for a more rustic arrangement. The possibilities are endless. When the season is over, take the arrangement apart and create a new one. I'm already thinking of a succulent bowl for Easter!


Comments

Popular Posts