Taco Friday!


Ah… Friday at last? Who knew it was the end of the week?? Each day seems pretty much like the last during these days of isolation. But having glanced at the calendar and noticed that it was indeed Friday I thought it was a good excuse for something fun and thus the production of fish tacos!

Fish tacos are one of my favorites, mainly because of the "crema sauce", a mixture of sour cream and mayo with a generous flavoring of lime. Usually the fish is topped with coleslaw before a generous dollop of the crema. However, I did not have any ready made coleslaw or cabbage, so I decided to try zucchini slaw ….. mainly because I had a zucchini! AND, of course in these times of limiting our outings and trips to the grocery store, I thought that the substitution was appropriate.


After whipping up the crema sauce ( I used plain yoghurt instead of sour cream) and letting it sit, I began to julienne the zucchini and shred some carrots.

slaw, crema sauce and spices for the fish

Next …. the homemade tortillas,




No tortillas on hand? No worries - make your own! They only require flour, shortening, or oil, and water. Just roll them out and cook on an ungreased pan. Too easy!

Yum!

Checkout the links below:



Comments

Popular Posts