Who Needs Yeast When You Have Beer!




As we continue through these days of the Covid 19 pandemic, we are faced with new realities like social distancing rules, wearing facemasks, and store shelves that are empty of certain items such as toilet paper, flour and yeast! Who new those things would all of a sudden become the most coveted products at the grocery store?

As I was scrolling through Facebook the other day I saw a great cooking video on Facebook by a local chef/ restaurant owner here in Saint John. Michelle Hooton owns a wonderful restaurant, Italian by Night, here in the city. In the video she was creating her delicious bruschetta and what I loved about it most was that she pointed out where to get some of the ingredients in our local stores. Watching her prepare Italian specialties in her kitchen inspired me to check out her blog (link below). One of her FB videos featured, Beer Bread. I assume that the timeliness of this was due to the recent shortage of yeast?
Anyway, my husband was inspired to bake a loaf and it turned out great …. in fact, delicious!! As you can see in the photo, he used one of his Moosehead Lights ….. there was no way he was getting one of my last two Irish Red beers!

http://bitebymichelle.com/







Comments

Popular Posts